test.goproblems.com

Site news and updates.
santa c

Post by santa c »

could you leave the last attempted path display at the comments page until yo do? ^^*

{Posted by santa c}
chasm

Problems

Post by chasm »

I have been unable to get the problems. I am recieving a message that the "goapplet" cannot be found. This happens on my home and work PC's. Thanks.

Charles

[quote]
i'd like to get people's reactions on this test development site (test.goproblems.com). especially if there are any problems with the java applet.

adum
[/quote]

{Posted by chasm}
kaf

Post by kaf »

[quote]
the tree view behaves strange. Sometimes its very fat (all the space on the right of the problem) sometimes its very narrow ...[/quote]
I think I know, what did Tom mean. The Java applet takes size from the browser of an initially open window. If Tom opens the applet in narrow window, - then there is no way streching it.

{Posted by kaf}
Lok

Post by Lok »

The linking of isometric position is really cool!

I have 2 bugs on the test site :
- I can't use the pattern search (the applet loads but I can't place stones on the board).
- When creating a problem, the comment box is stuck with the last comment entered (when I enter a comment like "good" at one point, and that i go back in the variation tree, "good" stay visible until I enter another comment, but it doesn't affect the sgf).

I am using java 1.5.0 and firefox 2.0.
Thanks!

{Posted by Lok}
WTD

Post by WTD »

Two of my problems (7144 and 7253) won't open on the test site, giving "Invalid SGF data ...... Error message:-1". However, they still open OK on the main site. They are both 9*9 games with big sgfs.

My other six 9*9 problems (with smaller sgfs) open OK on both sites. Also, the other 60 problems in the 9*9 games group open OK on the test site, but I havn't checked out their sgf size. My other 32 non-9*9 problems (at least 1 with a bigger sgf) open OK on the test site, as does problem 302 which has a very large sgf, but is not 9*9.

I wonder if the new applet can handle large sgfs on a 9*9 board? I ought to point out that the sgfs in question were constructed using CGoban, but I've used this for all my problems.

{Posted by WTD}
admin

Post by admin »

i think i've fixed the stuck comment bug.

wtd, i'll take a look at those problems, thanks.

adum

{Posted by admin}
admin

Post by admin »

WTD -- for problem 7144 at least, you have some illegal SGF. there's a line (line 278) :

;B[]

which is a black move without coordinates. i'm not sure why it opens on the main site at all. is it possible for you to fix this?

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
WTD

Post by WTD »

Well spotted Adum - the offending line in 7144 was a Pass on a minor branch intended only for navigation purposes. The old applet did not see the anomaly on opening. It only showed up when someone navigated down the specific variation, and it (not surprisingly) could not be selected.

The new applet, with it's enhanced pathway display functions, picks it up immediately.

I've corrected 7144, and as 7253 has a similar line in it, I'm sure it will come down to the same thing.

Thanks,

wtd.

{Posted by WTD}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

[quote]
I've noticed in a few places that single quotes (') and double quotes (") are escaped, ie displayed with the leading slash (\). For example, my comment on here:
http://test.goproblems.com/comment.php3?prob=7804
This also occurs in problem descriptions. I can't remember which problem I saw this on, but it was in the Java applet part of the description.
[/quote]
This happened with the older versions of the site too.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
santa c

Post by santa c »

hi adum!

in my last problem (which btw, u changed into a tesuji and i didn't get an email about it, so i assume an email's only issued if the sgf itself is altered?) there was a commented (deactivated comment though) move off-path i marked as correct and added a "well done" comment to and it just wouldn't update it in the new applet (had to use the old one to edit)...

{Posted by santa c}