test.goproblems.com

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

well spotted on the CPU -- i hadn't noticed that. it's because i'm animating the piece captures now (and it seems to be animating an empty capture too...). i can make this more efficient, at the least.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
dmwit

Thumbs up!

Post by dmwit »

Things are looking pretty good now! Very slick. Just for fun I went back to the old site and was aghast that I never noticed the sharpness before... =)

{Posted by dmwit}
Josep Ll. Ortega

No board seen

Post by Josep Ll. Ortega »

I am unable to see the actual board. I am using WIndows 2000, and I have installed Java 2 runtime environment 1.4.0.2_02.

{Posted by Josep Ll. Ortega}
touyakira

how can i switch accounts

Post by touyakira »

when i try to switch my user (i have two) and i want to stop having new problems and comments on my problems from being emailed to me thru this user

{Posted by touyakira}
kaf

a couple of suggestions about graph. editor

Post by kaf »

1) Can the graphical editor copy whole branches inside the graf? That would be a huge help in creating problems (pun is not intended). :)
2) There should be sort of a stop mark inside the problem tree. If player hits this move, - the try is forfeited, but then he can follow the tree to learn why. This feature would be greatly appreciated by beginners, while stronger players would not be able to exploit "roll back".

{Posted by kaf}
tom111

Works fine but...

Post by tom111 »

the tree view behaves strange. Sometimes its very fat (all the space on the right of the problem) sometimes its very narrow (about one move is visible) In that narrow case i cannot scroll to the left.
Imagine it like this:
You see the last move (the very right in the tree) and cannot scroll to the left since the scrollbar already is at the left side...

i use firefox 2.0 and blackdown java 1.4.2 on ubuntu linux

best wishes
tom

{Posted by tom111}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

adum, I like the tree view. It really helps when exploring variations and when making comments.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
santa c

also copy-paste this var for comments

Post by santa c »

also a copy-this-var for comments button would be useful (maybe even with a starting point marked on the tree)...

also did u consider comment page and problem page integration? (of course only appearing after it's solved like the tree does)

{Posted by santa c}
admin

Post by admin »

tom111 -- i'm not exactly sure what you mean. would you mind emailing me a screenshot? thanks.

santac -- i am indeed going to integrate the problem page with comments, so you can add them into specific places in the tree. that's my next big feature and will happen in the next few months.

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

Post by santa c »

could you leave the last attempted path display at the comments page until yo do? ^^*

{Posted by santa c}