test.goproblems.com

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

i'd like to get people's reactions on this test development site (test.goproblems.com). especially if there are any problems with the java applet.

adum

{Posted by admin}
t3g

Post by t3g »

Works fine here (j2re 1.4 on firefox 1.0.7).
However, the board look darker than the original one (not very nice) and a bit greenish too.
The stones are far nicer though (with maybe a bit to much light on the black ones, but I'm beeing spoilt)

Great work and thanks a lot!

{Posted by t3g}
admin

Post by admin »

i'm glad it worked for you.

i'm getting rid of the green. it'll be gray. i can lighten the board, too.

thanks!
adum

{Posted by admin}
Marcin Kaminski

Post by Marcin Kaminski »

In whole board problems like 4954 or 4981 when I switch stone size to large the lowest row of stones is cut in half.

{Posted by Marcin Kaminski}
tails

Post by tails »

Great work!
Working fine in my environment. (JRE 1.5.0_04 / Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 / Windows XP)

I like the anti-aliased graphics.

And thank you very much for adopting my Japanese menu image!

{Posted by tails}
t3g

Post by t3g »

[quote]
In whole board problems like 4954 or 4981 when I switch stone size to large the lowest row of stones is cut in half.

[/quote]

I was able to reproduce the problem, but it's a problem that is also appearing in the previous version. Both goproblems and test.goproblem have the bug. It is easy to come back to small stone size though, and I don't know if it would be easy to correct the bug.

Again, shaded stones are really nice ;)

{Posted by t3g}
Marcin Kaminski

Post by Marcin Kaminski »

I also have a problem with 7488 - I can't put a stone anywhere except where letters are.

{Posted by Marcin Kaminski}
admin

Post by admin »

re: resizing the board to large stones -- the applet is simply not large enough to display the board at full size. that's why it goes to small stones in the first place. i may be able to do something about resizing the applet in the future.

with problem 7488, it's multiple choice -- that's no bug =)

thanks for the comments everybody,
adum

{Posted by admin}
Jon

Post by Jon »

I posted a problem on the help forum, but no-one has been able to answer it. It's the same on both sites.

I cannot access any of the comments, and when I complete a problem in a time rial, there is no next button.

Thanks

{Posted by Jon}
tails

Last sequence from problem

Post by tails »

I noticed that the comment page has "Last sequence from problem" feature. It's great! It will help much for I often make mistypes.

But, when we represent sequences, we often prefix "b" or "w" to each location, such as "bK10". It would be better if the feature follows this custom, although I don't know whether people agree it's really better.

{Posted by tails}