New site version

Site news and updates.
maury ostroff

cannot see graphics

Post by maury ostroff »

I was using the site fine, until the latest release last week. I can no longer see the graphics of the problem itself. I'm running IE version 6.0.2900...

Then I tried using Firefox and again the graphics wouldn't display either

{Posted by maury ostroff}
admin

Post by admin »

it sounds like some people are having java incompatibility issues. this is unfortunately not all that surprising: java has only become less and less stable in the 8 years goproblems has been using it. eventually i'm hoping to redo the interface in flash. for now, the old site should work for those who can't use the new one.

adum

{Posted by admin}
jllortega

Also problems to see graphics

Post by jllortega »

i am not able to see the graphics, so the problems are totally useless. If this can't be fixed, I suggest you get back to the old system.

Josep

[quote]
it sounds like some people are having java incompatibility issues. this is unfortunately not all that surprising: java has only become less and less stable in the 8 years goproblems has been using it. eventually i'm hoping to redo the interface in flash. for now, the old site should work for those who can't use the new one.

adum
[/quote]

{Posted by jllortega}
spiritbear

New site doesn't work on my machine

Post by spiritbear »

I'm running Firefox on OS X and the new site doesn't work for me.

It shows the information on the top, but there is no board (just a blank white screen) and no icons/buttons on the left.

I didn't have too many problems with the old site (it occasionally freezes and needs the browser to be refreshed but otherwise works).

{Posted by spiritbear}
Field Mouse

Rating

Post by Field Mouse »

The new version does not work on my computer a and in the old there does not work the tried/solved indicator and rating - data are not actualised :o(

{Posted by Field Mouse}
Serge

Russian symbols in the applet

Post by Serge »

Didn't visit the site for a 4-5 days.
And now observing squares instead of cyrillic symbols in the applet (on the buttons and drop down lists). The text at the right side of the stone (of it's picture) - I can see russian symbols, but incorrectly encoded.
Switching to English didn't solve the problem.

{Posted by Serge}