New version: inline comments + Swing

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

okay, there was a problem recording attempt paths that were off the given path. that should be fixed now.

the problem with changing the vertical size is that making it too small will waste a lot of real estate for the people who have large screens. however, i'm going to work to shrink the top area for everyone.

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

late... woohooo...

Post by santa c »

adum, there might be cases (such as prob 10003) where the last move in a correct path isn't the only one and the other requires a continuation, so adding a number might make sense...

also in the second solution to the same problem, it keeps on playing out a commented var even though it's beyond the coverage of the problem leading to a "wrong" after the "correct" solution - i could simply mark it correct but it'll appear in other problems and should be addressed...

also i still can't disable comments - both mine and in my problems... :S

and i fail to understand why the green correct-marking circle isn't enough when adding moves and one has to use the menu to "accept" the variation...

ahh and the ability to disable (maybe address as well?) comments in the edit-applet could be useful... not to mention a possible "pm user" option from the comments... (if only to say "thanks, i've added the var! =)"...)

i was wondering about comments made to a problem... since what used to be a single comment can now spread over a few different vars and therefore comments... maybe having a "all comments list" could be sueful afterall (each comment having the "made at bA3 wB4 b C2" preface)

{Posted by santa c}
david.goto

Comments still not visible

Post by david.goto »

I still can't see any comments, using Firefox 1.5.0.11 and XP home edition. I've downloaded the latest JRE(1.4.2_14)from Sun. Anyone any ideas?

{Posted by david.goto}
admin

Post by admin »

i have fixed the de/activeate comment feature at this point.

good point about clicking the green circle automatically bringing hte branch into play.

i plan to make an all-comments list

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
rillig

sourceforge.net

Post by rillig »

will the new version of the applet end up in the sourceforge.net project? That would be really nice.

Roland

{Posted by rillig}
david.goto

Unable to see comments

Post by david.goto »

I'm not very technical, but could it be I'm picking up an old version of the applet cached somewhere on the Internet?

{Posted by david.goto}
kaf

Post by kaf »

[quote]
thanks for the comments, santa c =)

now i understand what you and kaf mean by the comments at the top -- i'll check that out.

i left the Add Comment button in because people are used to seeing it, so just removing it or changing the text i thought might be confusing. so i just changed the behavior =)

i think i'll keep the linking only between a terminal position and another -- otherwise things would get very confusing.

i think for using marking a comment as "wrong" or "right" it should probably be used in reference to the variation, not the coverage of the problem. otherwise if the problem gets edited the comments won't make any sense. so yeah, you should be able to mark an uncovered var as CORRECT.

thanks for the comments!

adum
[/quote]

Hi Adum,
The problem is still there. While editing, I offten cannot place my comments in the window which opens after clicking the upper bar. I found, that executing "garbage collet" in Java console helps. Could you fix this bug?
Inline commenting is a very helpful tool.
Regards, kaf

{Posted by kaf}
admin

Post by admin »

kaf -- i will take a look at this problem. i see some issues with it myself.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}