New version: inline comments + Swing

Site news and updates.
trucid

Post by trucid »

it works if you go through test.goproblems.com, as a temporary workaround.

{Posted by trucid}
admin

Post by admin »

okay, i have fixed a couple problems and comments should be viewable again. thanks. i haven't seen a problem with the See Attempt Paths yet tho.

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

Post by santa c »

ahh adum, encountered some more trouble placing white stones on the board in the initial position when another tab with the playing-out applet's open... (only confirmed with ff though ^^*)

also using the stone-palcing feature in the middle of a var, switches back to the move-option after placing a single stone - makes editing the position in the middle of a var... ><

btw, making problem http://goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=10003 was such a pleasure with the isometric linking - the atari to the single stone on the right practically added itself each time, gotta love it... ;)

{Posted by santa c}
santa c

downloadable SGF & position linking

Post by santa c »

hey adum!

I just realized that most (if not all atm) programs used to view the problems offline do not support the position-linking feature. in order to keep the problems "not site-exclusive" there should be a second download file containing "spread files" as in sgfs in which each linked variation continuation is copied to the other linked vars...

{Posted by santa c}
admin

Post by admin »

thanks for comments santa... i haven't really worked on editing position in middle of var in the applet. i can take a look at that.

it's true that the isomorphic linking will mess things up for external programs wanting to view problems. one option is for them to implement it to =) i may consider saving the problems in expanded format for this purpose too, but that would be a very low priority feature.

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

show attempts-last move & numbers =)

Post by santa c »

^^* - yes of course, you already put so much time into it, for which we're all sooo grateful! ^^*

btw, there's also the vars below the applet - the users who did get problem 10003 don't have the last move included in the var... @_@
(and the number of attempts for each location, don't show for the last move in the tree for me >< )
(and these numbers shouldn't be shown on the stones themself (or at all) when one uses the "numbered sol" as it can be a bit confusing ^^*)

{Posted by santa c}
Andre Engels

Post by Andre Engels »

I found a new bug: If there is a comment on a move that is not yet in the problem, and I edit the problem, a variation starting with that move does not seem to be saved. I have to first delete the move in the edit screen, then re-add it to make things work.

As another issue, "show attempt paths" does now only show moves that are already in the problem, which means that there is an important function that used to be there but hardly is there any more, namely checking which moves should have refutations added.

{Posted by Andre Engels}
admin

Post by admin »

the numbers in the attempts tree only show where there's a branch, so often there won't be numbers on a final move.

andre -- for the first thing, the applet doesn't save a variation if it started as a comment by default. if you right-click on the node in the tree you can accept the comment path as a valid node. yeah, i don't think i have this documented anywhere =)

for the attempt paths not showing offpath attempts, i wasn't aware of this and will look into it.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
syock

Vertical size

Post by syock »

Since the upper part of the problem page is going to be covered with other things like links, problem info, the next/prev buttons etc, can you trim the applet's vertical size so that it fits right into any resolution, thus eliminating unneeded page scrolling? Since you have a seperate scrollbar for the comments anyway.

{Posted by syock}
Clifton

issues...

Post by Clifton »

T^T waaaaahh! I can't get the new applet to work for me! It takes a long time to load, then it moves really slow, if at all. It could be a problem on my end, but I'm not sure. I'm using firefox. It doesn't work at all in Internet Explorer.

EDIT; Urg... I apologise for complaining. It turns out that a Java update did the trick... Sorry. I'm off to test the new system!
----------------------------------------------------
As I ponder my next move, I ask myself...
How far can I go?...
How much can I obtain?...

So much potential... what to do with it?

Like the whisper of a gentle breeze, the answer is unclear...

{Posted by Clifton}