New version: inline comments + Swing

Site news and updates.
trucid

Post by trucid »

still a few bugs:

- when creating a problem, after adding some text to a node, the text field doesn't refresh when you switch to a different node.
- this one is tricky but i'll try to explain it. Someone made a comment on a new node (off path). I edited the problem and added that node, plus a few moves after it. After updating (submitting) the problem, the variation I just added didn't show up.

{Posted by trucid}
santa c

Post by santa c »

hey adum, congrats on taking another great applet live! =)

just wanted to let you know that after deactivating comments to problem 9956 and reloading the page... they're there again... @_@ (haven't tried deactivating any other comments elsewhere... ^^*)

EDIT: also C3 in the correct path is still played out by the applet even though it's beyond the current sgf ^^*

EDIT II: you should also consider keeping a "reset coolness" option for yourself for problems which undergone major changes/edits..

{Posted by santa c}
wildclaw

Post by wildclaw »

The new apple looks great, but I just wanted to post a couple of usability complaints regarding the "Read Comments" functionality. When I as a user clicks the "Read Comments" button I am obviously interested in reading the comments. However, as the applet is designed currently, this is prevented in two ways.

1) The comments are hidden below a huge variation diagram so I basically have to resize the frames just to be able to read them.

2) Usually when I press the "Read Comments" button, I have already tried to solve the problem and am at one of the end points. The main discussion about the problem however is at the start point.

{Posted by wildclaw}
atak

missing comments

Post by atak »

Hi adum, great work on the applet. Especially the isomorphism feature is a real time safer.

Unfortunately I am not able to see any comments. The issue seemed fixed already -- well, not for me. ;-) Any suggestions?

Thx! atak

{Posted by atak}
ketran0

Post by ketran0 »

Hey adum,

The new site is great, and the linking feature works very nicely, but I've been having a few consistent problems:

One problem I've been having consistently while editing or making problems is that the window showing the variations on the right will not widen and allow me to scroll right automatically when I make a problem; if I'm editing it, the window will allow me to scroll only as far as the longest current variation. It just shows the variation going off the screen and the scroll bar on the bottem at the furthest point on the right.

Some problems (like 8373) don't show comments for me, no matter what; I added six new ones and there's still nothing there.

The problem search does not work at all (as mentioned above)

The board resizing did not work for me

I can't disable comments to my own problems (I thought I could before), so ones that were in variations that I changed still stay there

and one last thing: I'm not sure if it's the newest update that caused this, but I can't add groups (I wanted to add an atari go group). When I try, it just says that I don't have the authority to edit a group

thx,
ketran0

{Posted by ketran0}
crasher

a few things....

Post by crasher »

First, you have one of my favorite web sites. very nice work!

Second, about restarting the problem... sometimes i'll get so stuck that i need a hint. i wanted a way to see just the first move of a problem and work from there. to get that single hint, i'd have to click navigate solution, then refresh the whole page.

Third, about the isomorphic thingamabob....

i think it's really great for creating problems, but if you're navigating the tree where two paths reach the same node, the "back one" button doesn't always go back in the given order.

thanks and very nice site.

{Posted by crasher}
Ekted

Post by Ekted »

A couple of issues (Firefox 1.5):

- The moves/comments pane (right) is much longer than it needs to be to hold all the info, so much so that it goes off the bottom of the display even for tiny moves with no comments. I have 1600x1200 with small fonts.

- I cannot use the mouse wheel to scroll the window no matter what I hover over. Is there a way to pass these events up the the frame?

- It's not very obvious which nodes have comments.

{Posted by Ekted}
admin

Post by admin »

thanks for all the recent feedback, guys. i'm going to work to get everything in as good shape as possible.

adum

{Posted by admin}
atak

missing comments

Post by atak »

Hi again, I noticed the comment problem does only occur with IE6. When I am using FireFox everything is fine. Maybe it's an issue of the java plugin version used. If you need more info (how can I find out the plugin version?), please let me know.

Grtx, atak

{Posted by atak}
Andre Engels

Post by Andre Engels »

At the moment, no comments are shown at all. And the 'See attempt paths' button is not being activated either.

{Posted by Andre Engels}