Any way to communicate with other users?

Patternist

Any way to communicate with other users?

Post by Patternist »

There are users who post unsourced variations like crazy, including myself for my first month or so here.
It would be really nice if everyone can tag a trustworthy source to his moves and also post their ranks.
I've seen so many ridiculous moves without sources, and also some legitimate-looking moves without sources.
For many reasons, I think it'd be nice if there are easy ways to communicate with other users so we can make the best out of this awesome website.
Other than that, post your ranks and post the trustworthy sources please.
adum
Site Admin

Re: Any way to communicate with other users?

Post by adum »

well, there's a talk section on each node, which is one option. you can also send private messages to the users on this forum. this probably isn't the greatest set of solutions, but it's something. thanks for helping to improve the site!
Patternist

Post by Patternist »

Thank you Adum for all your effort.
I wonder why u have allowed non-registered users to freely edit/delete nodes.
Because i think at least making them login first will make it less appealing for some kids from messing around.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

traditionally sites like wikipedia found more success by allowing not logged in users to edit. but maybe it's worth requiring a login first to stop people messing around. i should also lock the topmost nodes at least from new users.